Productivity is a universal challenge in content marketing, where success often depends on consistent performance, not isolated genius.
Under the right circumstances, many professionals are capable of preparing great content for blogs, books, and online sign-up incentives. But only a few can consistently produce quality marketing content on a daily basis.
Those who do usually have a system or process in place to help them meet the daily deadline challenge.
There are three productivity tips I would like to share from the world of writing and publishing (where deadlines are absolute). Use
There’s no way around it: Content marketing takes a lot of elbow grease and time, but the rewards are great. And, as we’ve shown in this week’s series on productivity, there are plenty of ways to streamline your efforts and make them work more smoothly. Here are some of the most common issues content marketers face, with solutions for each.
While the concept of content marketing — that is, making the small yet difficult shift from thinking like a seller to thinking like a buyer — may be disruptive, the practice itself has a very common analog: product marketing.
That’s right, when you get right down to it, the process of marketing your content draws heavily from the process of marketing your products.
I treat each piece of content Eloqua publishes like a product. Every new asset has a target audience, a list “price” (gated, ungated, hybrid) and an
If you are a content marketer, you know you need to think like a publisher. But, it is one thing to say it and another thing to make it happen. Whether you are publishing a blog post or white paper, shooting a video or creating an infographic, the process can be complex and tedious, especially when you are churning out lots of content and working with numerous writers and designers.
When you are desperate to bring some measure of order to this chaotic world, like most marketers you may
For some years now, SEOs have been making their case for early involvement in the web design process. Fed up with getting asked to “SEO” sites after all the big decisions have been made, the search crowd has produced a stream of blog posts, white papers, and wireframe templates to secure their place at the table from the outset.
In an age where more and more businesses are looking at content to fuel their online marketing activities, it’s time for content marketers to make a similar push. Whether it’s a funky new website or an overhaul of an existing site, the content strategy should be getting discussed from day one.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- How to Automate CE 2.0 Service Delivery
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
- Data Center Performance: Optimization Secrets Revealed