The Morning Download cues up the most important news in business technology every weekday morning. Send us your tips, compliments and complaints.
Good morning. Microsoft‘s $1.2 billion acquisition of Yammer may be a validation of social networking in business, but it doesn’t mean CIOs should buy into Microsoft’s version of that application.
Enterprise social networks like those sold by Yammer, Jive Software, and IBM, are a way to co-opt the popularity of Facebook to
Alexia Tsotsis is the co-editor of TechCrunch. She attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, CA, majoring in Writing and Art, and moved to New York City shortly after graduation to work in the Media industry. After four years of living in New York and attending courses at New York University, she returned to Los Angeles in... → Learn More
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- How to Automate CE 2.0 Service Delivery
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
- Data Center Performance: Optimization Secrets Revealed