Dell is now shipping an EqualLogic storage blade array, and claiming it is much better than HP's equivalent product.The idea is to converge blade form factor servers, storage and networking hardware inside a single rackmount enclosure or chassis that can be bought, installed and managed as a single system. This is easier to do than buying, installing and managing the components individually, and makes sense when you're buying lots of the stuff or need a single miniaturised data centre.Dell's M1000e chassis can contain PowerEdge blade servers, Force10 and PowerConnect network gear as well as the EqualLogic storage blades to provide an easy-to-
When it comes to the need for a more flexible, highly available server and storage environment, I think one of our customers in France—MPO International, a home entertainment specialist—said it best.Sebastien Chateau-Dutier, Systems and Networks Manager at MPO France explains, “For us, flexibility was central. Before we spoke to 2M-Equation, we thought all storage arrays were equal. Dell Compellent technology is based on intelligence and capability. Beyond just managing data volumes, it’s also a system uniquely designed for dynamic data performance and growth.” Just six months after joining Dell Compellent as General Manager I couldn't agree
- I Can See Clearly Now - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue