VMware coined the term VDI years ago when its virtual desktop product was so creatively named VMware VDI. Since then, VMware changed the product name to View and has been working hard to take advantage of its strong vSphere footprint inside the data center. Today, VMware announced its latest release of View which is important, but not as interesting as a few other announcements the company slid in.
VMware Horizon Application Manager: When VMware first announced Horizon, it was unclear what the plans were beyond
IT will resist as long as they can, but when it comes to purchasing infrastructure for virtual computing environments and cloud computing initiatives, the do-it-yourself (DIY) model is becoming a thing of the past. Instead, the new IT consumption model is moving toward reference architectures or pre-configured solutions. Integrated computing consists of tightly integrated packages of servers, networking, and storage â€œglued togetherâ€? by virtualization and intelligent management software designed, tested, and qualified to operate as a single unit.
As organizations begin to transition to an improved IT service model fueled by the success
You can't debate the success VMware has had in the data center over the last 5 years, but they are now faced with how to scale the success they have had. Just as any other large growing technology company, they need to think of alternative revenue streams to maintain a positive economic growth trajectory. VMware customers have a few choices right now:
I don't think companies are about to shift their entire data center to Amazon or any other service provider, but the consumption model of leveraging compute resources from the cloud is real. Virtualization has really changed the way IT views and workload. Once that workload is virtualized,
If you haven’t had a chance to look at or even try out Windows 8 Metro applications, you should. I have been running Windows 8 for a few months and while most of the application on the Windows Store are good demo apps and lack some functionality, the platform is extremely promising.
Microsoft has some real interesting market timing with the onslaught of tablets, smart phones and a Windows OS refresh. If Microsoft can ignite the developer community they have an awesome opportunity to infiltrate the business marketplace. They have already built a developer and partner ecosystem team comprised of thousands of people that have held
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- I Can See Clearly Now - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- The Best Mobile Apps are Connected
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments