This paper highlights the importance of mirroring as a data protection strategy to minimize risk of data and system unavailability and the advantages of IBM® XIV® Storage System asynchronous mirroring. It covers the system’s essential mirroring solution characteristics and organizational mirroring requirements that ensure business continuity. While this paper touches on the value of synchronous mirroring in certain situations, its primary focus is asynchronous mirroring.
Reading this paper will give you a clear understanding of effective enterprise mirroring implementations and the IBM XIV Storage System series solution, which offers
When I talk about the various state-of-the-art capacity optimization solutions that are now appearing in the market, the same comment usually arises: “Isn’t this the same as zip?” Or a long-tenured storage pro will remind me that, “Stacker died out a long time ago, so why is this any different?”
These are good points: The difference between traditional compression and modern data deduplication is somewhat hazy. And it doesn’t help that various implementations fall all along the spectrum from “mildly interesting” to “cutting edge!”
Over 100 years ago, Samuel Morse defined a coding scheme for text messages. He optimized the efficiency
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay