Twitter has been awash (again) with banter about the myth or reality of private clouds. The conversations revolve around the technology, rehashing the “what makes a cloud a cloud” argument. Yet, all of us are right, and many of us are wrong. In the fight over private versus public clouds, we’re all arguing about the same thing. But we keep doing it because we somehow believe we can confuse the customer into buying “more of mine” and “less of hers” if we explain how our vision of cloud is better. I’ve written about what cloud is or isn’t several times in the past, but, I feel that I missed some important context. The context is what leads me
Migrate virtual machines from a VMware environment to Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 using a free, simple, standalone tool Information and announcements from Program Managers, Product Managers, Developers and Testers in the Microsoft Virtualization team.Windows Server 2012 is generally available for evaluation and purchase by all customers around the world. Additionally, there is great news for organizations that are looking for a way to migrate virtual machines hosted on VMware vSphere to the Hyper-V host in Windows Server 2012. The production (RTW) version of the Microsoft Virtual
Seriously – the kind of storage you can get in the Iomega family is pretty hardcore – from the entry stuff (IX2) all the way up to the new big bad boy – the PX12-450r.
I LOVE my Iomega IX4 – it’s served me well, and stores all the media in the Sakac household. I’m thinking of picking up an PX6, making it the new standard, and moving the IX4 to my buddy’s house and use remote replication to protect the content. There’s a ton of precious stuff on there.
Check it out!!! I’m going to get a bunch of the new ix2s, px4/6 units and a small number of these beefy px12-450rs…
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5