Enterprise data storage is changing, and storage architectures must change as well. Hot storage startups are making a splash with new ideas, but the existing players aren’t slow to respond. This makes storage one of the most diverse and interesting areas of IT today!On November 7, 2012 the industry will come together at the Next-Generation Storage Symposium! This all-day in-person event features panelists from key enterprise storage companies and will be moderated by independent experts, including Stephen Foskett, Robin Harris, Chris Evans, Howard Marks, and Scott D. Lowe.The Next-Generation Storage Symposium will be followed by the invite-only
This weekend marked the migration of people to and from San Francisco – VMworld2012 attendees were headed to SFO while Burners were heading out to Black Rock City. Knowing people in both camps, I thought it’d be fun to do a little comparison list. Thirteen ways to look at Burning Man versus VMworld -- acronyms, bacon, clothing and more.
Super Sessions: Cisco’s Unified Data Center Architecture: Innovations for a World of Many Clouds, Tuesday 3-4p Moscone S. Room 103
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5