Ever wanted to take a look around one of Google’s data centers? I know I have, as the amount of infrastructure required to make Google’s many online services tick would be no doubt very impressive and on a scale that I personally would never have experienced before, and I have seen around some pretty large data centers (or at least I like to think so). Start your own personal tour around Google’s North Carolina data center by watching the video below and also using Google Street View by clicking here.
It's happened again – backup tapes have gone missing. A story we've mentioned too often here at Asigra. In fact, we've documented numerous cases of organizations who have lost customer data due to backup tapes that have either gone missing or have been stolen, which you can find here, here, here, here and here.The Morning Sentinel reports that over 267,000 TD Bank customers were affected by a data loss that occurred when two backup tapes went missing.An interesting point made in the article is by attorney Dan Mitchell, a member of the data security practice for law firm Bernstein Shur, who claims that such data losses don't occur often. But
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5