Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, and leaders from technology firms, venture capital and research universities recently announced a joint effort to position the Bay State as a hub for job creation in data science. It is a bet worth making.
Thirty-five years ago, computer science didnât exist as an academic discipline. Now, it is taught on a global basis. Within years, data science will become the new âhotâ discipline for the next generation, driven by the hottest buzzword in technology today: Big Data.
Big Data refers to the growth of data sets that have become so large that they defy the ability of conventional forms
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue