IE10 for Windows 7 Globally Available for Consumers and Businesses Internet Explorer 10 is available worldwide in 95 languages for download today. We will begin auto updating Windows 7 customers to IE10 in the weeks ahead, starting today with customers running the IE10 Release Preview. With this final release, IE10 brings the same leading standards support, with improved performance, security, privacy, reliability that consumers enjoy on Windows 8, to Windows 7 customers. With IE10 we continue delivering the best performance for real world Web sites on your Windows device. As with Windows
Exclusive video: Bill Gates on Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Surface I often tell people I’ve got one of the best jobs at Microsoft; I get the opportunity to meet and talk with the people here who brew the special sauce that is Microsoft. Last week I got to meet and talk with the guy who first created the sauce.Following a Microsoft event to celebrate 30 years of our Giving campaign, I sat down to chat with Bill Gates for a few minutes. We talked about the significance of this week’s launch of Windows 8, about Windows Phone 8 and Surface. I ordered my Surface last week; Bill already
Some questions, and answers about Surface One of my favorite people to chat with at Microsoft is Steven Bathiche. I’ve written about “StevieB” and his work on this blog many times before and whenever I meet with him, I’m guaranteed to walk away smarter. He knows a lot about a lot and has a way of explaining complex technology in a simple way and usually with a sparkle in his eye. You can see what I mean in this video when I took Josh Topolsky in to Stevie’s lab.During a Reddit Ask Me Almost Anything (AMAA) chat yesterday, Stevie joined Panos Panay and other members of the Surface team
Last week I had the pleasure of hosting another “Underground Tour” of Microsoft. That’s the unofficial name for a tour our team has been hosting for the last few years where we take reporters behind the scenes of our campus and show them places that even Microsoft employees rarely get to see.The Garage – a space for hobbyist, grassroots creators and makers. They have a fine collection of art from their science fairs.Microsoft Research in Building 99 on our main campus. I got to play with SketchInsight, a project we recently showed at TechFest and it was mind-blowing. I can’t wait to use it to give a presentation. See below for a video of it in
“Coming soon, from the creator of the Macarena!”... “New, from the founders of Myspace!”... “He has the same agent as Steven Seagal!”
You don’t hear phrases like that much. Generally, once a hot property becomes a lame has-been, you don’t base your marketing on it.
But you might think that’s what Microsoft is doing with its new free Web-based e-mail service,
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Next Generation ESB: Why Integration is the Foundation for Better Business
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue