SAS R&D Gets Boost From CloudCloud computing has let SAS streamline its R&D development, testing, and delivery. The analytics software developer's Remote Access Computing Environment, called the RACE Cloud, provides on-demand computing for sales and other mobile workers. It has an extensive image library of server configurations. IT and R&D recognized that SAS's product testing groups could benefit from the image library's repeatable and reusable capabilities.
A small group of developers now build library images that are used by all testers, resulting in faster testing cycles. Developers no longer spend weeks staging and preparing servers for testing. SAS already is provisioning more than 4,000 environments a week. At any time there may be 1,200 environments running, and that's expected to double by year's end.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
- Wiring Closets and Server Rooms: Critical Part of your Business
- Drive greater business value and reduce risk for SAP migration and consolidation projects
- Evolving Your Current Processes and Infrastructure to Fulfill the Requirements of ISO 26262