United Stationers' E-Commerce BreadthUnited Stationers, a wholesale distributor of office products, is transforming itself into a provider of broader, revenue-generating services, such as online marketing and technology, to resellers.
The company provides a range of services to help 25,000 resellers with e-commerce, including cross-media content for print, the Web and e-mail. Its search engine is embedded in hundreds of reseller Web sites.
Increasingly, United Stationers also is selling technology. It offers resellers a wholesale distribution software suite that they can customize. And it recently acquired MBS Dev, a software and services provider to resellers, so it can provide more services, including integration of e-commerce and other business functions, such as customer service, purchasing, finance, credit and collections, and analytics.
Next, United Stationers plans to create a development laboratory for online marketing and merchandising techniques for office products. It's also planning a private cloud that will provide a revenue-generating ERP and e-commerce offering to resellers.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- I Can See Clearly Now - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Agile and Logical Data Warehousing Best Practices
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Drive greater business value and reduce risk for SAP migration and consolidation projects
- Building Management Under the IT Umbrella: What Works, What Doesn’t
- Evolving Your Current Processes and Infrastructure to Fulfill the Requirements of ISO 26262
- A Guide to Protecting Your Business Critical Services
- Eliminating the Need for WAN Acceleration Using the Cloud
- What Separates Network Provider Leaders from Laggards? A WAN Buyer's Guide
- Mobile Device Management for Financial Services
- O'Reilly School of Technology Proves that an Education in Net Vault Backup Pays Off