re: India's Outsourcing Economy Booms
It is all about costs. The activity is politely call "labor arbitrage." The bankers, the Silicon Valley executives, and the corrupt politicians are making tons of money in the process. Not only are these people making money by sending our jobs to India, they are making tons of money by importing replacement workers from India to work in the US replacing US workers.
Barack Obama and his financial benefactors in Silicon Valley and Wall Street support what they describe as "highly skilled" workers, but instead of "highly skilled" workers, they import replacement workers, workers that make money for Silicon Valley executives by cutting labor costs, and money that Silicon Valley executives are able to pass along to corrupt politicians like Barack Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Chuck Schumer.
The H1B visa is supposed to import "highly skilled" workers, but the GAO report studying the H1B visa reports that only 7% of the workers receiving H1B visas are compensated at rates customary for highly skilled workers. The remaining 93% are replacement workers. In addition, the spouses of these workers receive the H4 visa which entitles those workers to replace US workers too. The OPT visa is an intern visa, which entitles employers to hire foreign interns, mostly from India, to replace US workers. This does not include the L1 visa, the "B1 in lieu of H1B" visa, and an entire alphabet soup of visas.
The bottom line is the Democrat Party has found a new constituency while betraying US workers. The new constituency of the Democratic Party is the billionaires from Silicon Valley and Wall Street.