re: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich: 5 Most-Wanted Features
1. Polish != Skinning. (Although a built in theming engine like Theme Chooser would be nice) UI design is about MUCH more that pretty pictures and color options.
2. I'm not sure which corporate environments you have worked in, but I've worked in several, and while malware can be an issue, the average enterprise PCs I have worked with dont have a TON of it. If they do someone needs to be fired. But AntiMalware is a small piece of security, especially when you start talking about a device that goes anywhere and can connect to anything. Encryption, multifactor authentication, endpoint analysis, account and password policy enforcement, remote wipe etc. these are all important features to an enterprise. (note: I'm not sure how many of those Android already has, but would be willing to bet that thier management is not enterprise friendly)
3. I don't know anything about facetime, but the idea of a consistent video chat client sounds like a good idea to me. Am I missing simething?
4. Interesting that this one you chalk up as a gimme. I'm not saying that all browsers couldn't benefit from an update or two, but honestly, I'm not left wanting for any features on my android devices.... Perhaps I'm just lucky :)
5. Do they? I didn't realize that corporate e-mails and non-corporates could be viewed together... I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
But I think the authors statement about a master inbox was more of a segway into a master messaging app, which I really like the idea of. But I would prefer we add one more to the list...
6. Integrated collaboration client. Where is the outlook killer? Why not make a single app that integrate e-mail messaging, calendaring, task, and contacts? Or at least improve the integration... For example, I LOVE that I can navigate (GPS) to a contact. that is AWESOME!
I nearly wrote this in the form of a troll, mostly to illustrate that you did.
And I realize that you were not the only one...I'm jsut saying is all.