The biggest fix concerns better power management and prolonged battery life. Truth to tell, I tested one of these devices, and I thought the battery life was fantastic. It could remain on standby for nearly two weeks, and even with regular phone calls, messaging and light Web browsing, I experienced four days of battery life.
* Fixed issue with V CAST Music and 4GB+ removable memory read error
* Adds ability to reset V CAST Mobile TV client
* Update power settings to improve battery life performance
* Bluetooth enhancements to audio, pairing, and key tone
* Mobile Web - HTML browser enhancements
* Fixed to display �=� symbol on the bottom in the calculator for LG Joy font
* Fixed to access to keypad through only one step while in a call
* Fixed the auto lock setting so that the touch screen will not lock on its own when auto lock is set to off
* Fixed to allow ESPN application on external touch screen
* Fixed to allow Mobile IM on external touch screen
* Fixed to have no difference between the displayed image (to let you know which scene was taken) and the actual saved image, when you take a picture aiming at any moving objects
* Fixed when device goes to maps.google.com, the device resets.
Rather than be able to download this update to your computer or over the air and take care of it yourself, customers who wish to have their Voyager's firmware updated need to hop in the car and drive to the nearest Verizon retailer. Devices will be re-flashed with the latest firmware only in stores. Verizon is recommending that people give the local Verizon shop a call to make sure the update is available before driving over.
InformationWeek Elite 100Our data shows these innovators using digital technology in two key areas: providing better products and cutting costs. Almost half of them expect to introduce a new IT-led product this year, and 46% are using technology to make business processes more efficient.
The UC Infrastructure TrapWorries about subpar networks tanking unified communications programs could be valid: Thirty-one percent of respondents have rolled capabilities out to less than 10% of users vs. 21% delivering UC to 76% or more. Is low uptake a result of strained infrastructures delivering poor performance?
InformationWeek Tech Digest, Nov. 10, 2014Just 30% of respondents to our new survey say their companies are very or extremely effective at identifying critical data and analyzing it to make decisions, down from 42% in 2013. What gives?