Augment Reality With VideoYou've probably heard of augment reality (AR) apps, which overlay computer-generated information, such as restaurant locations, over a live view of a real-world environment. Tablets' large displays are well-suited for AR, which is still in its infancy. Aurasma is an Android and iOS app that takes AR to the next level by adding video capabilities.
How does it work? Say, for instance, you're walking down a busy urban street. You point your tablet (or smartphone) at an art gallery. Aurasma recognizes the location and immediately overlays a brief video clip that promotes the gallery's current exhibition. Think of it as reality … only enhanced.
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston