Many of the smartphones sport new AMOLED displays with Corning Gorilla Glass (or Gorilla Glass 2) lenses. The combination makes for a truly brilliant viewing experience--that you can smack with a hammer.
It's apparent at this show that the really interesting stuff is being held for the upcoming Barcelona CES. Almost all of the phones that we saw had been available since Christmas or before. The twists we did see were mostly along expected lines, with 3D technology, greater battery life, and so on. One twist that did catch our eyes--rugged designs from the likes of Casio. We were impressed with the usability of the toughened-up phones. Sure, they aren't 6 millimeters thick anymore, but they're still thin enough to put in your pocket.
Text In Style
When you first pick up the Droid 4, you think you're looking at a fairly unassuming touch screen phone--thin enough, but nothing special. But a slight push reveals the full QWERTY keyboard that makes the phone a great choice for textaholics. It's thin, 4G, has a dual core processor and runs Android 2.3.5. OMG! What are you waiting for??? LOL.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World