Siri Extends Her ReachSiri is smarter in iOS 6, adding the ability to launch apps, spout sports scores, post Twitter and Facebook updates, show movie reviews and showtimes, and even make restaurant reservations. It's now available on the 3rd-generation iPad too, a savvy move that creates a wider feature gap between Apple's latest tablet and its very capable predecessor, the iPad 2. The new iPod Touch (5th generation) gets Siri as well. An enhanced Siri is good news for iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 users. The voice-control app is far from perfect, of course, but it often beats typing and tapping. And as Siri's skills and accuracy increase, voice may ultimately become the go-to interface for many phone and tablet tasks.
Photo Credit: Apple
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston