personal-tech: Home Entertainment Systems
Consumer Electronics Shows have launched great technologies like VCRs and HDTVs, but many product reveals turn out to be duds. Here are some of...
Forget 500-inch, green smart 3-D TVs. Here are a few exciting new trends I'll be examining at this year's Consumer Electronics Show.
Apple might publicly scoff at Windows 8's combination of the PC and tablet into one platform, but it has to be at least thinking about whether it...
After toothless FTC judgment against rent-to-own PC companies in spying case, Congress needs to make surveillance of customers in their own homes...
Remember how set-top boxes were once presumed to be a major content vehicle of the future? In fact, the Kindle Fire HD is the set-top box of the...
Apple's abandonment of EPEAT green product certification proves what was obvious in any case: that design is paramount to Apple and all else in...
Google's Nexus Q home media device lets Android phone and tablet users push content from their handhelds to a TV or stereo system.
Microsoft's new interactive, cross-platform SmartGlass technology should give Windows client devices a new lease on life.
Beyond the post-IPO gloom lurks unchanged potential for greatness.
Apple's TV set is already here. Maybe you've heard of the iPad? The first model has a 9.7-inch diagonal screen, but think bigger.
Personal Tech Newsletter Sign Up
Get timely, actionable insights tailored to the topics you are interested in.Sign Up
April 25, 2013
Samsung's Galaxy S 4 smartphone features solid hardware and a variety of innovative software capabilities, making it one of the best choices now....
April 24, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4 may be today's best smartphone, with solid hardware and software tricks such as eye tracking and a gesture UI.
April 15, 2013
Enabling TV, video, broadband & wireless on one bill is the logic behind $25.5B Sprint merger bid, says Dish CEO.
March 01, 2013
Cisco CEO John Chambers says the Internet of Everything will change the world. Is he right, or is this just more Silicon Valley hype?
January 14, 2013
Government plans to save money -- and generate revenue -- by shifting citizen services online may be derailed by people with no interest in...
January 11, 2013
Smart TV apps publisher Flingo announced its second screen platform Samba at CES. BYTE's Boonsri Dickinson interviewed Flingo's Ashwin Navin about...
January 08, 2013
Huge TVs dominated Samsung's offerings at CES, but the company also demoed cutting-edge cameras, refrigerators, and laptops.
January 08, 2013
What happens at CES 2013 doesn't stay in Vegas. From giant tablets to $20,000 televisions, take a peek at a few early standouts for gadget lovers.
January 07, 2013
You would probably assume that volume purchasers get discounts from Apple, as they do from any other company. But how much? We have the numbers....
January 05, 2013
Consumer Electronics Show is a tech smorgasbord. Here are nine products that attest to the show's overwhelming variety.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Build, Run and Manage Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with a Mobile Application Platform
- Mobile DevOps - Handling Platform Sprawl
- App Development for a Multi-Platform Environment that Won't Break Your Back or Budget
- 2013 Social Media Analytics Best-Practices
- CTO to CTO: Scott Davies, VMware, and Jim Davies, Mitel, Give Voice to the Virtual Desktop
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue