Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Amdocs Supports MetroPCS Launch of World's First Commercially Available VoLTE Service
Amdocs solutions enable rapid time to market for next-generation voice services
ST. LOUIS, Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, today announced that solutions from its Customer Experience Systems (CES) portfolio were integral in MetroPCS' launch of the world's first commercially available Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service. The rollout of VoLTE will result in greater efficiencies and increased network capacity for MetroPCS, enabling it to provide an enhanced 4G LTE experience for its customers.
Amdocs supported MetroPCS's VoLTE launch with its CES billing, mediation, and provisioning solutions (operated under a full managed services model) and its network control solutions, including the Home Subscriber Server and Policy Controller. These solutions enable dynamic policies and ensure quality of service to help service providers manage the impact of mobile data growth on their networks and generate revenue from personalized services.
"Amdocs has been a strategic partner for MetroPCS, with services that supported our latest milestone of being the first company in the world to launch VoLTE service," said John Olsen, senior vice president and chief information officer of MetroPCS. "Amdocs helped us realize maximum revenues from our 4G LTE network investment, while providing a comprehensive solution from setting policy rules to metering and billing."
"We worked closely with MetroPCS for the launch of the company's VoLTE service, which will provide significantly greater network efficiencies and ultimately improve the customer experience," said Rebecca Prudhomme, vice president of product and solutions marketing at Amdocs. "By providing the core solutions that let MetroPCS harness data, we've helped them build customer loyalty by providing an enhanced experience that takes full advantage of 4G LTE network capabilities."
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
For 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of approximately $3.2 billion in fiscal 2011, Amdocs and its over 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011 and our quarterly 6-K filed forms furnished on February 2, May 15 and August 16, 2012.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook