Unedited news and product information from vendors.
At Bat Atop App Store for Fourth Straight Year
Apple names MLB.com At Bat highest grossing sports application for iPhone and iPad
NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MLB.com At Bat, for the fourth consecutive year, today was named the highest grossing sports application for both iPhone and iPad by Apple in its annual Best of the Year rankings for the App Store, maintaining its place as the top-selling sports mobile application of all-time. In the overall App Store rankings, At Bat also was recognized as the 11th and 29th highest grossing application for iPhone and iPad, respectively, from the more than 700,000 available apps.
In 2012, baseball fans downloaded At Bat seven million times, easily surpassing the combined total from the previous two years (6.3 million in 2010 and 2011). During the season, At Bat continued to unveil new features, including Passbook integration, widescreen video optimized for the new iPhone 5 and its four-inch Retina display, Ford SYNC® AppLinkTM compatibility, MLB.TV statistical and pitch tracking data overlays, social sharing and accessibility.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers get At Bat Premium for free on supported iOS devices. Fans also can subscribe to At Bat Premium on supported iOS devices for $2.99 with a monthly recurring billing option.
For more information, visit MLB.com.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- How to Automate CE 2.0 Service Delivery
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
- Data Center Performance: Optimization Secrets Revealed