Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Britannica Launches Online Information Solution for Classrooms
Britannica School, for preK-12, provides curriculum support, lessons, homework help
CHICAGO, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Britannica Digital Learning today announced a comprehensive new online information solution designed for classrooms in grades preK-12. Entitled Britannica School, it provides rich multimedia resources for lessons and lesson planning, curriculum support, student and teacher research and homework help.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/britannica-launches-online-information-solution-for-classrooms-179005641.html
The Web-based service supersedes Britannica's previous school Web site, providing a host of features and benefits the company says make it ideal for the digital classroom and for access by parents and teachers at home. It includes a wide range of resources such as encyclopedias, journals and periodicals, atlases, primary sources and multimedia linked to Common Core state standards and tailored to the needs of teachers and students.
"We're right in the middle of today's digital classroom, with a product that's sorely needed: a digital knowledge and information solution," said Jorge Cauz, president of Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. "This new product exemplifies what Britannica is today: focused on the classroom, with innovative digital solutions that make teaching and learning easier and more successful."
With content for all grades, Britannica School is specially designed to enable students to move to higher or lower reading levels easily and whenever necessary, helping teachers conduct individualized instruction. It works superbly on any digital device, be it a computer, smartphone or tablet. This is a benefit to schools as they use more mobile devices and students bring their own devices to school.
The product provides an extensive array of high-quality, up-to-date, texts on all subjects needed to fulfill the new Common Core state standards. It also enables teachers to build lessons around those standards. More about Britannica School is available on the Britannica Blog.
Free trials are available to schools, districts and consortiums. Interested educators can call 1-800-621-3900 or go to http://info.eb.com/products/britannica-school/ for more information.
About Britannica Digital Learning
Britannica Digital Learning (BDL) provides reliable, high-quality classroom products and solutions for educators. BDL experts produce curriculum-aligned resources for all ages from preschool to college that make creative and purposeful use of technologies widely used in schools today—such as interactive whiteboards, tablets, smart phones and learner-response devices—making it easier for teachers to teach and for students to learn. Products include Britannica School, SmartMath, Pathways: Science, and Image Quest. BDL is a division of Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. and is headquartered in Chicago.
SOURCE Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
This Week's Issue
Current Healthcare Issue
Current Education Issue
- Business Value of Compilers
- IBM Analytic Answers for Retail Purchase Analysis and Offer Targeting
- Government Analytics: Set Goals, Drive Accountability and Improve Outcomes
- A Smarter Approach: Inside IBM Business Analytics Solutions for Mid-Size Businesses
- Business Analytics for Midsize Businesses: Challenges and Benefits