Unedited news and product information from vendors.
CenturyLink announces organizational realignment
Sharpens focus on network services business sales and operations by combining into one organization
MONROE, La., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced it is combining its network services business sales and operations teams into one organization, reporting to Chief Operating Officer Karen Puckett. The reorganization is effective immediately.
The reorganization combines business sales and operations functions that currently reside in the company's Enterprise Markets Group – Network Services and Regional Markets Group organizations. The company's Wholesale Markets Group (WMG) and Enterprise Markets Group – Data Hosting segments are not impacted by the organizational realignment. Beginning with the first quarter of 2013, the company will report the following four segments in its financial statements: Consumer, Business, Wholesale and Data Hosting services.
Savvis, a CenturyLink company that delivers cloud, colocation and managed hosting services, will continue to operate as a sales- and service-focused organization in the Data Hosting segment with Jim Ousley continuing as chief executive officer of Savvis and Jeff Von Deylen continuing as president of Savvis.
"Our business segment continues to grow, and this organizational shift streamlines our end-to-end service delivery, support and sales to our network services enterprise customers by creating one cohesive organization focused on them," said CenturyLink Chief Executive Officer and President Glen F. Post, III.
Post reaffirmed the company's commitment to maintain its local market focus in the company's service areas across 37 states. "Our local operating model is a key component in the success of our business and consumer service and sales," he said. "In addition to her new responsibilities, Karen will continue to retain all of her existing duties, including our local market teams and consumer-focused operations. She is a proven effective leader and will ensure our continued strong focus on our customers."
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- Strengthen Organizational Agility with the Latest Advances in Case Management
- Real Time Analytics: A Case Study Webinar
- Small Business Cloud Solutions
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Improving SQL Availability and Performance: 6 Key Questions to Consider Before You Scale Up
- Policy Control & SDN: A Perfect Match? - by Heavy Reading
- Storage Infrastructure as a Service The Best of Cloud and On-premises Storage
- Altair Speeds Complex Simulation and Workload Management with the Intel' Xeon Phi Coprocessor
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs