Unedited news and product information from vendors.
DNCC Announces Unprecedented Livestream Coverage For 2012 Convention
CHARLOTTE, Sept. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As part of our effort to make the 2012 Democratic Convention the most open and accessible convention in history, the DNCC announced today that it will provide voters from across the country a new, innovative and unique opportunity to participate in convention programming – which will include user-generated content and the ability to interact with Convention attendees.
From gavel-to-gavel, the entire Convention will be livestreamed on DemConvention.com/live and through the Democratic National Convention Committee Mobile App, connecting viewers in every corner of the country with Convention delegates and speakers in real time.
The entire program will be streamed in Spanish simultaneously.
Millions of Americans will also be participating in more than 4,000 watch parties organized already in neighborhoods across the country. Some of these watch parties will be highlighted as part of Thursday night's programming.
These efforts make this year's convention the first in political history to include comprehensive livestream coverage.
"We are revolutionizing the way political conventions are done by making Charlotte 2012 more open, accessible and relevant to the American people," OFA Deputy Campaign Manager Stephanie Cutter said. "This is one more innovative and unprecedented way we are engaging every supporter in the President's vision for moving America forward, empowering voters all over the country to get involved with what's happening in North Carolina this week, and growing our organization at the grassroots level."
On Thursday September 6th, the programming will also feature a web-only convention special starting at 8 p.m. ET. Hosted by actor Kal Penn, the Live from Charlotte programming will include interviews with campaign officials and special guests, including Marc Anthony, Elizabeth Banks, Aisha Tyler, Olivia Wilde, Fran Drescher, Zach Braff, and Alexis Bledel.
Later that evening, after President Obama's address, there will be a post-speech program featuring political analysis from political leaders.
SOURCE 2012 Democratic National Convention Committee
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue