Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Espial Appoints New Vice President of Smart TV
OTTAWA, June 26, 2012 /CNW/ - Espial, a leader in on-demand TV software and solutions, today announced that the company has appointed Philip Poulidis as its new vice president of Smart TV. In his new role, Poulidis will lead Espial's Smart TV initiatives, enabling consumer electronics vendors to add TV Web browsing, interactive TV content and applications, as well as over-the-top web video to devices such as connected TVs, Blu-ray™ players, gaming consoles, and digital media adapters.
"I'm excited to join Espial to continue building upon our successes to date in the developing Smart TV market," said Poulidis. "Espial has already secured major wins, a rapidly growing base of TV devices, and a rich application ecosystem that is built around Espial's market leading HTML5 browser platform. The market for Smart TVs is expected to experience rapid growth as the majority of TVs become connected. Espial's mix of customers and products place us in a unique position to capitalize on this opportunity."
Before joining Espial, Poulidis was the president and CEO of Morega Systems, a TV Everywhere solutions company which he co-founded in 2007, raising $20M in funding and securing major customers such as DIRECTV. Prior to Morega, Philip held senior level executive positions at Intellom (now Qualcomm), Conexant, Novell, and Aliant. Through his extensive experience in the industry, he is well-versed in the dynamics of the digital media and consumer electronics markets.
Poulidis will report directly to Jaison Dolvane, Espial's CEO. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Telecommunications and Business Management from Ryerson University and a Certificate in Marketing Management from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.
# # #
About Espial (www.espial.com)
Espial is a leading supplier of digital TV and IPTV software and solutions to cable MSOs and telecommunications operators as well as consumer electronics manufacturers. Espial's middleware, video-on-demand, and browser products power a diverse range of pay-TV and Internet TV business models. Over 10 million licenses of its patented software are in use across the world. Espial is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and has offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Visit www.espial.com or contact via phone at +1 613 230 4770.
SOURCE ESPIAL GROUP
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay