Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Espial CEO to Address Application Framework Strategies at RDK Conference
Espial Will Also Demonstrate Innovative RDK Client and IP Back-Office Solutions
OTTAWA, Dec. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - Espial, a leader in on-demand TV software and solutions, today announced that it will be exhibiting and presenting at the 2012 RDK Developers Community Conference to be held Dec. 11-12 at the Marriott Marquis hotel in New York. During the event, hosted by Comcast and Time Warner Cable, Espial president and CEO Jaison Dolvane will participate in a panel discussion titled "RDK Development: Application Framework," on Dec. 11 at 2:15 p.m. Additionally, Espial will demonstrate innovative Reference Design Kit (RDK) client and IP back-office solutions.
MSOs are actively evaluating RDK solutions as part of their strategy to provide leading-edge HTML5 user experiences. By standardizing set-top box (STB) and gateway software components, RDK allows content developers, OEM manufacturers, and cable operators to leverage the benefits of a standardized STB software stack. The key promise is to accelerate the deployment of next-generation STBs and gateways with a fully powered HTML5 browser. The RDK Developers Community Conference is set to drive the adoption of RDK by providing a forum for professional training and networking opportunities for cable operators and development partners such as Espial.
"As a strong supporter of open technology and Web standards, Espial believes RDK is an essential ingredient for MSOs to deliver next-generation user experiences to consumers," said Dolvane. "Cable operators will also benefit from dramatic reductions in time and expense required to quickly deploy advanced STBs in their networks, while simultaneously driving their own user experience roadmap and development cycle. Our demonstrations at the 2012 RDK Developers Community Conference will enable cable operators to witness the power of RDK in delivering a richer television experience that includes advanced user interfaces and social media integration, all driven by an IP service delivery platform."
As part of a panel discussion that includes executives from a variety of RDK partners, Dolvane will discuss a detailed framework for successfully delivering cutting-edge video user experiences on next-generation STBs and multiscreen devices harnessing the power of HTML5 and IP. The discussion will be moderated by Leslie Ellis, technology analyst for Multichannel News magazine. At the technology showcase, Espial will demonstrate a compelling RDK-based user experience including an interactive program guide, integrated social media, and cross-device use cases on multiscreen platforms.
More information about Espial and the company's products is available at www.espial.com.
About Espial (www.espial.com)
Espial is a leading supplier of digital TV and IPTV software and solutions to cable MSOs and telecommunications operators as well as consumer electronics manufacturers. Espial's middleware, video-on-demand, and browser products power a diverse range of pay-TV and Internet TV business models. Over 10 million licenses of its patented software are in use across the world. Espial is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and has offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Visit www.espial.com or contact via phone at +1 613 230 4770.
SOURCE ESPIAL GROUP
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Next Generation ESB: Why Integration is the Foundation for Better Business
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue