Unedited news and product information from vendors.
MediSapiens to Provide Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals With a New Cloud Computing Application to Analyze and Visualize Multi-Dimensional Genomics Data
HELSINKI, November 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
MediSapiens Ltd, a Finnish company developing web-based data applications for the pharmaceutical industry, today announced that Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals has purchased a new software solution developed by MediSapiens. The software, called OncoGenomics Explorer will provide Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals with a centralized access to unified global genomics data for utilization across the entire research organization from target discovery to drug repositioning.
"Big Data, a term invented for a collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools is quickly becoming increasingly important in pharmaceutical research. Until now, the lack of software tools that can be adapted to various research environments has limited the full-scale use of this enormous reservoir of available data. OncoGenomics Explorer is our answer to this demand," says Tommi Pisto, CEO of MediSapiens Ltd.
MediSapiens is a bioinformatics company developing inspiring web applications for genomics researchers, pharmaceutical industry and personalized medicine. MediSapiens has unique know-how in developing software solutions for integration of both molecular and clinical data from preclinical models to interpreting comprehensive molecular profiles of individual cancer patients in clinical settings. Based on the world's largest unified gene expression database, MediSapiens platform extends into highly tailored solutions to meet the exact needs of various demanding research environments.
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Next Generation ESB: Why Integration is the Foundation for Better Business
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue