Unedited news and product information from vendors.
MeFeedia Launches a New Video Discovery Experience on Mobile
MeFeedia 2.0 Makes Mobile Video Mainstream for "On-the-go" Consumers - Introduces New Channels and Multi-Device User Experience
BURBANK, Calif., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Beachfront Media, the creators of the popular video discovery engine MeFeedia, today announced a new user experience and added features that include channels and channel browsing for MeFeedia's mobile site, as well as iPhone and Android mobile video apps. The new MeFeedia apps, powered by Beachfront's Builder Platform, offer consumers a new way to discover videos from more than 300,000 video feeds collected from over 33,000 publishers.
Designed for the highly engaged, time-limited and media hungry, MeFeedia makes it easy to discover popular videos from sites including: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and more. Built as a native app, MeFeedia can push new content and add new channels without forcing users to constantly update the app. With the growing number of consumers who use a combination of phones, tablets, desktops and TVs to consume digital content, MeFeedia has made the experience for viewing content, consistent across devices.
"Our focus is to ensure a fun and entertaining video discovery experience for our users," said Frank Sinton, Founder and CEO of Beachfront Media. "Whether you are waiting for a flight or simply want to relax and watch engaging videos, we have worked hard to provide access to the largest pool of videos while also providing a consistent experience. With MeFeedia, consumers can enjoy videos from home, on their mobile devices or through a mobile app on-the-go."
MeFeedia features include:
- Free access to hundreds of thousands of videos
- Discover videos faster, easily browse through videos with slide-out view
- New channels and channel browsing
- Share with friends via Facebook, Twitter or SMS
- Control your genres - like, dislike and save videos to watch later
The MeFeedia app is available as a free download in the iTunes App Store, with Google Play and in the Windows Store for all Windows 8 computers and tablets including Microsoft Surface. For more information on MeFeedia apps, please visit www.mefeedia.com/apps.
MeFeedia makes it possible for millions of consumers to search and discover videos on the web, mobile devices and connected TVs. MeFeedia curates the best videos from more than 300,000 video feeds and collected from over 33,000 publishers. For more information, please visit http://www.mefeedia.com.
About Beachfront Media
Beachfront Media is a technology company that powers video across web and mobile experiences and creators for the leading consumer video discovery service MeFeedia, the MeFeedia syndication network and Beachfront Builder, the mobile video app development and management platform. Beachfront Media provides tools for publishers to create, manage and monetize video applications across platforms and devices. For more information about Beachfront Media, go to http://www.beachfrontmedia.com/.
SOURCE MeFeedia, Inc.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook