Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Mindshapes Announces Media Industry Leaders As Key Additions To Its Executive Leadership
LONDON, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mindshapes, a leading creator of fun educational applications for kids, today announced it is bolstering its executive leadership team and media industry credentials, and has named entertainment industry executive Nina Pustilnik and publishing executive Chris Michaels as joint chief executive officers.
Since its launch in June, Mindshapes' award-winning, flagship product Magic Town, an interactive storytelling app in which children can explore, create and learn from their favorite iconic characters, has been downloaded in more than 190 countries with more than one million stories read. The company is now looking to build on these strengths and add top tier content from some of the world's leading media companies to Magic Town.
In keeping with its strategic growth plan, Mindshapes is bolstering its entertainment and publishing industry credentials with Pustilnik and Michaels taking on the roles of joint chief executive officers. Pustilnik has extensive entertainment industry and digital media experience, having led business development and digital sales, licensing and investment teams at Warner Bros. and Sony Pictures. Most recently, she has been leading digital media investments in the U.S. and Europe for Richmond Park Partners. Pustilnik will be based primarily in Los Angeles, focusing on extending the company's relationships with its key entertainment industry partners.
With extensive experience in the digital publishing and licensing industries, Michaels has been the chief marketing officer of Mindshapes and previously set up and ran the publishing division at family entertainment company Chorion, where he also led their digital sales and marketing program. He also served as digital publisher at Harper Collins UK where he founded the multi-award winning Angry Robot imprint.
Co-founder and chief commercial officer Christian Dorffer will take on a new role of chief innovation officer, where he will focus on developing new ways to evolve the company's products, and the educational value they offer to kids and families.
Co-Founder David Begg is stepping down as chief executive officer and into a strategic advisory capacity, where he will continue to be an important voice in the company's ongoing development.
"We are very grateful to David for both his vision and leadership in bringing the company to where it is today," said Shukri Shammas, chairman of Mindshapes. "We are also delighted to have in Chris and Nina two new leaders with deep experience in the entertainment, digital, and kids' industries who can help lead our company and talented team into the next phase of growth and success."
Mindshapes creates fun educational applications for kids. The company was founded in 2010 and has offices in London, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Mindshapes has released several award-winning kids' apps for iPhone and iPad including its flagship storytelling app, Magic Town. For more information, visit www.mindshapes.com.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
This Week's Issue
Current Healthcare Issue
Current Education Issue
- Business Value of Compilers
- IBM Analytic Answers for Retail Purchase Analysis and Offer Targeting
- Government Analytics: Set Goals, Drive Accountability and Improve Outcomes
- A Smarter Approach: Inside IBM Business Analytics Solutions for Mid-Size Businesses
- Business Analytics for Midsize Businesses: Challenges and Benefits