Unedited news and product information from vendors.
MobileIron 4.5: The Most Complete Android Security Platform
MobileIron Also Announces Integrations with Samsung and Cisco
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron (www.mobileiron.com), the innovator in enterprise management and security for mobile devices and apps, today announced global availability of MobileIron 4.5, which provides the deepest security on the broadest set of Android devices. With support for Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and technology partnerships with Android leaders Samsung and Cisco, MobileIron gives enterprise IT departments the most complete Android security platform.
"In 2012, there will be a massive influx of Android devices into the enterprise and, as companies are planning their mobile strategies, it is important for them to know that they can count on enterprise-grade security across those devices," said Ojas Rege, VP of Products, MobileIron. "Android adoption is accelerating, but IT has been worried about data loss and the cost of fragmentation. With MobileIron 4.5, we are unifying the Android enterprise ecosystem for IT by securing data at rest and data in motion. Now, IT can deploy Android with confidence."
MobileIron 4.5 features include:
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) security: MobileIron is the first MDM vendor to support the latest Android enterprise functionality.
- Encryption enforcement for data at rest: With MobileIron, IT can set encryption policies for Samsung GALAXY devices as well as those devices running Android 3.0 and above.
- Secure SSL VPN connectivity for data in motion: MobileIron is the first MDM vendor to deliver an enterprise VPN experience for Android. Via integration with Cisco AnyConnect, IT can centrally provision the AnyConnect VPN client through MobileIron, including certificates for authentication and security.
- Exchange account configuration with certificates: For Samsung GALAXY S II, GALAXY Tab 8.9 / 10.1 and GALAXY Note, IT can authenticate device posture and user identity using certificates with MobileIron. This allows end-users to utilize the native e-mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks apps, thereby preserving the user experience.
- Single MobileIron client for all Android devices: MobileIron simplifies deployment by having a single Android client for all devices. Users do not have to choose from multiple versions of the client to determine the right one for their device.
- Notification upon removal of Android administrative privileges: MobileIron notifications are triggered if a user removes administrative privileges. As a result, IT can detect devices that are no longer managed and remediate accordingly.
- Hardware lockdown: IT can disable hardware capabilities through MobileIron by restricting camera, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth functions in high security environments.
Android Ecosystem Partnerships
Samsung: Integration for greater security
Together with Samsung, the MobileIron solution bridges the gap between the security and control IT needs and the experience end-users demand. MobileIron has integrated with the Enterprise SDK provided by Samsung to deliver key security features for Android, including setting encryption policies, Exchange account configurations with certificates, and restrictions for camera, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. These capabilities are available on Samsung GALAXY S II, GALAXY Tab 8.9 / 10.1, and GALAXY Note.
Cisco AnyConnect: First VPN experience for Android
The technology integration with Cisco AnyConnect makes MobileIron the first MDM and security vendor to deliver an enterprise VPN experience for Android. MobiIeIron is fully integrated with Cisco AnyConnect, which allows IT to centrally provision the AnyConnect client, including the use of certificates for authentication and security. The Cisco AnyConnect integration currently supports Samsung GALAXY S II, GALAXY Tab 8.9 / 10.1, and GALAXY Note devices. Integration with HTC is coming soon.
Cisco Cius™: Tested and certified
MobileIron has tested and certified the Cisco Cius, an Android-based mobile collaboration platform built for business. With MobileIron's Cius support, enterprise IT departments can now integrate Cius into their fleet of mobile devices, unifying security, email access and app distribution.
Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software 2011, MobileIron is solving the problems CIOs face as business data and applications move to smartphones and tablets. The MobileIron Virtual Smartphone Platform and the MobileIron Connected Cloud are the first solutions to give IT and users real-time intelligence and control over mobile content, activity, and apps in order to secure the enterprise, reduce wireless cost, and improve the mobile user experience. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Developing a Strategy for Enterprise Application Security
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: One-Click Disaster Recovery
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5