Unedited news and product information from vendors.
New Jersey Expats Across U.S. Launch "A Very Jersey Xmas" Campaign for Hurricane Sandy Relief
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of Hurricane Sandy victims facing a less-than-bright holiday season, New Jersey expats around the U.S. are banding together to launch a nationwide "Very Jersey Xmas" campaign to support hurricane relief, calling on America to "Jersey Up the Holidays" this year.
"A Very Jersey Xmas" calls on everyone who has ever lived in New Jersey, has family in New Jersey, enjoyed a turn on the New Jersey Turnpike, watched Jersey Shore, The Sopranos or Real Housewives of New Jersey, OR who just wants an excuse to party in leopard print to dedicate this holiday giving season to Jersey, Jersey-style by:
* Donating to the hurricane relief campaign of their choice at: http://bit.ly/SbE94s and asking friends and family to donate as well.
* Creating their own personalized fundraising campaign page to support hurricane relief at: http://bit.ly/SbE94s
* Hosting a "Very Jersey Xmas" benefit party for hurricane relief; or "Jerseying Up" an existing holiday party they are planning to host or attend by encouraging Jersey costumes (hair, makeup and accessories), spinning tunes by New Jersey artists, serving pizza and other Jersey fare, encouraging party guests to donate to the Very Jersey Xmas hurricane relief campaign of their choice, and adding gifts of hurricane relief donations to the usual White Elephant gift exchange.
"More than eight million people live in New Jersey and there are hundreds of thousands of New Jersey natives who have left New Jersey, but still love their home state," said Richard French, a Bloomfield, New Jersey native who now lives in Parkland, Florida. "We're asking Jersey expats to give back to the state that has given us so much."
New Jersey expats are hosting "Very Jersey Xmas" holiday parties in their respective cities, with a roster of events including parties in: Fort Lauderdale, Florida hosted by Richard French (Bloomfield, NJ) and Andy Cagnetta (Verona, NJ), San Francisco hosted by Dave Peterson (Parsipanny, NJ), Nashville hosted by diehard Jersey Shore fan Kate Derrick, Phoenix hosted by rabid Jersey Housewives fan Jason Boatman, and an "Eight Crazy Nights for Jersey" Hanukkah party hosted by Jim Gold (Montclair, NJ).
The "Very Jersey Xmas" parties celebrate all things Jersey, with attendees encouraged to dress as their favorite Jersey character (think: The Boss, Jon Bon Jovi, Tony Soprano, Queen Latifah, Snooki, Chris Christie) or in traditional Jersey garb (think: velour tracksuit).
Donation levels range from $10 (Snooki) to $500 (Bruce Springsteen) to $1,000 (Real Housewives of New Jersey), making the campaign accessible to donors of all budgets. Proceeds from the parties will go to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund.
Supporters can also purchase "Very Jersey Xmas" schwag at: www.zazzle.com/veryjerseyxmas to Jersey Up their gift-giving, with a portion of proceeds going to hurricane relief.
Fundly, the world's largest crowdfunding-for-good platform is powering the "Very Jersey Xmas" online donations hub featuring dozens of hurricane relief crowdfunding campaigns to make it easy for individuals to donate to the campaign(s) of their choice.
To-date, individuals, volunteer groups, nonprofits and businesses have raised more than $2 million for hurricane relief efforts on Fundly's platform.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook