Unedited news and product information from vendors.
New Traceability System To Prevent Salmonella Outbreak in Eggs from Reaching the Dinner Table
Industry Leaders Adopt the CATÂ² Egg Tracking & Traceability System To Protect The Public From Salmonella In Eggs And Egg Products
CONWAY, Ark., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading brands in the Egg Industry are adopting new technology to aid in the fight against foodborne salmonella outbreaks in egg products. Known as the CAT² Egg Tracking & Traceability System, this software solution will further aid in the effort to isolate and recall affected egg products before they reach supermarket shelves and the carts of shoppers.
The egg industry, the USDA, and the FDA have reduced the outbreaks of foodborne Salmonella contamination tremendously since the mid-1990s. Despite great success in reducing these outbreaks, with current technology further reductions appear to have slowed or stopped. The next step that leader's in the Egg Industry are taking is the implementation of egg tracking systems to help isolate and recall product when a rare outbreak does occur.
"Protecting the public and providing confidence to the consumer is one of the top priorities for CAT² software solutions," said Mike Sardinha of CAT². "Industry leaders are implementing an advanced Egg Tracking & Traceability System to ensure that they are providing the safest eggs & egg products available in the world."
Until scientist can eradicate Salmonella, the next best way to protect people is to minimize the risk of contaminated food reaching the dinner table. Once an outbreak is discovered, knowing exactly where the contaminated food is located and removing it from the public food supply immediately can save lives.
Brand awareness in the Egg Industry is increasing among consumers as they become more concerned about from where their food is coming. Companies not taking a proactive role by implementing simple proven technology to protect consumers are taking unnecessary risks to public safety, and gambling with the future of their brand.
CAT² has been providing custom-designed solutions to the commercial egg industry for more than 15 years, counting 3 of the 5 largest egg producers in the USA, the largest producer in Mexico, and multiple smaller to mid-size operations. CAT² is a leading provider of manufacturing software to the Food Industry with clients on six continents including 60% of the top 50 meat & poultry/egg companies in North America.
If you would like more information about this press release or to schedule an interview, please call Mark Wilson at (501) 328-9178 ext. 318 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue