Unedited news and product information from vendors.
OAG Delivers 'Analyser' to African Airlines Association
LONDON, September 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
OAG, the global flight information provider, is strengthening the company's commitment to African aviation by providing the African Airlines Association (AFRAA) with the industry-leading OAG Analyser tool.
OAG Analyser is an easy-to-use online tool for extracting real meaning and insight from airline schedules data. By interrogating OAG's industry-leading databases, the tool brings an unprecedented level of advanced data analysis functionality, offering AFRAA rapid access to detailed reports ranging from airline and airport route development trends to aircraft usage patterns.
Rob Shaw, OAG's director of analytics, says: "Airline capacity in Africa is increasing by an average of 5% a year and the average GDP growth rate in the continent is also at 5%, which shows the market offers encouraging potential and signs of growth. By providing AFRAA with OAG Analyser to help with the association's market research, we're pleased to assist the region's industry in better understanding how to meet the demands of that growth."
Alongside the 'Analyser' deal, OAG has joined AFRAA's partnership programme. Raphael Kuuchi, Director, Commercial/Corporate & Industry Affairs, AFRAA, says: "The African Airlines Association is pleased to welcome OAG into our partnership programme. As a major global processor and distributor of flight schedules data, travel planners, flight timetables, flight network mapping software, business travel planning products, aviation market reports and flight schedules analysis tools for the passenger and cargo markets, OAG's partnership with AFRAA will help African airlines access all these solutions. Working with OAG will assist African airlines in reaching every market with their networks and services easily and cost-effectively."
Notes to Editors:
OAG, a UBM Aviation brand, is the trusted source for aviation information and analytical services. OAG's leading aviation databases are unrivalled in their scale, accuracy and comprehensiveness and are integral to the world's aviation industry operations. For more information, visit: http://www.oag.com.
The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) is a trade organisation of airlines from the member states of the African Union (AU). Founded in Accra, Ghana in April, 1968, and headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the primary purpose of AFRAA is to foster commercial and technical cooperation among African airlines and to represent their common interests. AFRAA membership cuts across the entire continent and includes all the major intercontinental African operators. The Association members represent 83% of total international traffic carried by African airlines.
For further information:
Product Marketing Director
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook