Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Occupational Health Brings Record Crowds to AOHP National Conference in Las Vegas
DENVER, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Even Elvis attended the annual AOHP Conference at Caesar Palace in Vegas. "Attendance was up, with the highest registration in years," reported Annie Wiest, AOHP account manager and conference planner.
A controversy on mandating Influenza vaccinations for healthcare workers brought hundreds to an expert panel, moderated by Axion Health's Chief Medical Information Officer, Dr. Lee Newman. Recognized globally as a health expert and Professor of Public Health, Dr. Newman also spoke on current research practices and risk of hazardous chemicals.
Recently, infectious disease outbreaks have spurred concern, reviving memories of when diseases such as Influenza and Tuberculosis killed hundreds of thousands. The CDC states "the re-emergence of TB and an overall increase in infectious disease mortality during the 1980s and early 1990s provide additional evidence that as long as microbes can evolve, new diseases will appear." Also immigration from countries having higher TB rates increases current risks in the US.
Axion Healthcare Research Analyst, Jennifer Guida, MPH co-presented a session on the science and economics of diagnostic tests for TB. Ms Guida noted that the statistics behind diagnostic tests are important for making clinical decisions during medical surveillance programs.
"Modern techniques of testing, electronic recording and distribution of results have led to increased understanding and control of infectious outbreaks," noted Thomas Carson, CEO Axion Health. "I'm pleased the use of Internet-based systems like ReadySet can help efficiently manage programs that maintain the health and safety of patients, general public and healthcare workers."
Increasingly, mobile platforms are being used for documentation. Apple's iPad device was shown using ReadySet, software for employee and occupational health, to record vaccination information required by the National Healthcare Safety Network. Many healthcare groups will submit reports to the CDC/NHSN for Influenza tracking.
For those interested in breaking news in occupational health, Axion Health offers complimentary clinical webinars by leading experts, including Dr. Newman.
About Axion Health
Axion Health provides employee health, occupational health, medical surveillance, and emergency preparedness software for health systems, government agencies, and industry. It's product, ReadySet is a mobile friendly, Web-based solution that is easy to use, Internet-accessible, HIPAA compliant, and 100% paperless. The solution offers robust integrations with clinical, HR, information and regulatory systems. For more information, toll free 877 770 3073 or www.axionhealth.com.
303.477.5612 x 315
SOURCE Axion Health
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay