Unedited news and product information from vendors.
The VIA Agency Launches Search For a National Celebratory Toast
With No U.S.-specific Version of 'Cheers,' 'Salud' or "Chin chin' Yet Identified, VIA Hopes To Find A Word to Embody the American Spirit
PORTLAND, Maine, July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The VIA Agency (theviaagency.com), a marketing, advertising and digital agency based in Portland, Maine, has launched a social media campaign with the goal of coining a new America-specific drinking toast.
Realizing that there is no country-specific toast option for U.S. revelers – in the manner of Proust, Salud, Cheers (British), Slainte, Le Chaim and others - VIA decided to do something about this problem just in time for the summer Olympics, where there will hopefully be numerous opportunities for both cheering and 'cheers'-ing. To accomplish this goal, VIA has selected 10 options to be the new 'Toast of America' and created a Facebook app to allow people to vote for their favorite, or make a suggestion for another one (https://www.facebook.com/ToastOfAmerica).
"Taking into account that the U.S. has no drinking toast to call our own and that the Olympics are happening this summer, we thought it was a perfect time to identify our own new toast to aid the celebrations," said VIA Agency CEO John Coleman. "The 10 options that VIA came up with all relate to our unique culture, but we are excited to see what original ideas the public comes up with too."
The 10 'Toast of America' voting options include:
- To Glory
- To Freedom
- To Liberty
- Rock On
- Sea to Sea
- Yippee Ki-Yay
- Let's Roll
- To Us and All
To vote, visit the Facebook app: https://www.facebook.com/ToastOfAmerica. Anyone can vote for their favorite toast (or submit their own suggestion), up until the Olympics closing ceremonies on August 12 when the winner will be announced.
About The VIA Agency
The VIA Agency is an independent full-service marketing, advertising and digital agency that helps clients solve their most difficult marketing problems via creativity and innovation. Founded in 1993, the Portland, Maine-based agency offers a fresh perspective and distinguished record of creating the right ideas for clients and a legacy of reinvigorating brands. Named by Advertising Age and Creativity as 2011 Small Agency of the Year, The VIA Agency attracts national talent and blue-chip brands, and counts Unilever, Samsung; Perdue Farms; Welch's; Prestige Brand Holdings, Inc.; Friendly's; Romano's Macaroni Grill; People's United Bank; DuPont; Unum, and North American Breweries among its clients. To learn more about The VIA Agency and its leaders please visit our website and nerve center.
SOURCE The VIA Agency
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Mobile Connect - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- Building a Hybrid Cloud in Government: It's not that Complicated
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Maximize the benefits of virtualization for greater ROI
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue