Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Veteran IT Professional is the Latest Addition to EchoStar Executive Ranks
New Senior Vice President Brings Global Leadership Expertise
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EchoStar Corp. (NASDAQ: SATS), a leading global satellite services provider and developer of hybrid video delivery technologies, today announced that Mahmood S. Mirza has joined the company as senior vice president of business systems, information technology and operations.
Mirza will report to Michael Dugan, CEO and president of EchoStar. He is tasked with alignment of all IT strategy, business systems, and IT technology across all EchoStar business units.
"During the next few years, we will drive greater growth and adoption of our current platforms, deliver superior products and be a leader in the transformation of the customer experience through our continuous improvement initiatives. Mahmood has the experience and passion for technology and operational excellence that will make our efforts a success," said Dugan.
Mirza has more than 23 years of experience in the telecommunications field, with a deep understanding of enterprise technology, and business and operational support systems. He has served as the chief technical officer or chief information officer or general manager at companies such as Disney Mobile, AT&T, and American Management Systems. Mirza also implemented large-scale consumer and business services that deliver video, voice, data, and wireless offerings.
Mirza will split his time between EchoStar's Englewood headquarters and Germantown, MD locations.
About EchoStar Corporation
EchoStar Corp. (NASDAQ: SATS) is a leading global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. Over the last three decades EchoStar's contribution to video technology has been a major influencer in the way consumers view, receive, and manage their TV programming.
EchoStar's consumer solutions include HughesNet®, North America's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service, Sling Media's Slingbox® products, and EchoStar's line of advanced digital video set-top box products for the international free satellite and terrestrial viewer markets. For more information, please visit www.EchoStar.com.
SOURCE EchoStar Corp.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- Strengthen Organizational Agility with the Latest Advances in Case Management
- Real Time Analytics: A Case Study Webinar
- Small Business Cloud Solutions
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Improving SQL Availability and Performance: 6 Key Questions to Consider Before You Scale Up
- Policy Control & SDN: A Perfect Match? - by Heavy Reading
- Storage Infrastructure as a Service The Best of Cloud and On-premises Storage
- Altair Speeds Complex Simulation and Workload Management with the Intel' Xeon Phi Coprocessor
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs