Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Video Brand Matching Company AdGenesis and Digital Broadcaster TVGenesis Announce Merger to Create Genesis Media
Genesis Media is a full-spectrum online video distribution and targeting platform offering the first cost-per-verified-view broadcast model for online video
NEW YORK, Nov. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Two leading online video advertising and content distributors, AdGenesis and TVGenesis, today announced they have merged to form Genesis Media, a full-spectrum online video distribution and targeting platform. Genesis Media will enable advertisers to target their desired consumers through the industry's first cost-per-verified-view broadcast model, which matches relevant brand videos to opt-in consumers based on their interests and online habits.
Genesis Media's targeting algorithms deliver 20 times the engagement of pre-roll advertising and 100 times the engagement of traditional banner ads. The Genesis Platform has five million registered users and reaches 150 million viewers per month across thousands of premium publishing partners.
The company also announced the appointment of Andrew Reis as interim chief executive officer. A proven entrepreneur, Reis co-founded Tremor Media and helped pioneer online video advertising. He also co-founded TVGenesis and will join Genesis Media's Board of Directors.
"Genesis Media improves advertisers' ability to reach and activate their desired customers with transactional video and full accountability," said Andrew Reis, interim chief executive officer of Genesis Media. "By bringing together two powerful platforms to create Genesis Media, we have unified video distribution and activation into one seamless experience."
The platform has already delivered unprecedented, subscription-level data and engagement and soon will be extended across the entire Genesis network of publishers. Genesis Media will announce major publishing partners before the end of the year that will result in a doubling of Genesis Media's brand matching reach.
"For retailers and e-commerce providers, Genesis Media extends the impulse buy from the physical store to online video and ensures the consumer's intent-to-purchase," said Joshua Feuer, co-founder, chief product officer and industry e-commerce expert. "Our patented Ad-Match™ and View Verification™ software changes the way digital video is distributed and consumed. It also transforms how our publishing partners interact with their user base and program their content to create new and high-performing online videos."
"Consumers love brands and brands are always looking for ways to get closer to consumers," said Richard Smullen, co-founder and chief revenue officer. "Genesis Media helps advertisers speak to their desired consumer on a one-to-one basis, on a much grander scale. By matching consumers and brands, Genesis Media can deliver stronger ROI for advertisers."
Genesis Media will build and support the existing product portfolio with new content and brand matching applications, including its patented Verified View™ technology, which guarantees that consumers watch brand videos. Genesis Media also plans to develop video offer banks that will appeal to opt-in consumers, and will provide targeted offers from deal-of-the-day, group and flash sale sites as well as e-commerce sites starting to leverage video marketing and distribution.
The Genesis Media Team
Genesis Media comprises industry veterans and experts, including:
- Gerry Byrne, board member – Byrne is a managing partner at Black Ocean. He was previously a senior vice president at Nielsen Business Media and a group vice president/publisher at Variety.
- Jeremy Stern, chief technology officer – Prior to Genesis Media, Stern was the co-founder of ContextWeb.
- Michael Kelley, senior vice president of business development – Kelley was a former digital partner at PriceWaterhouse Coopers.
- Toby Dingemans, chief operating officer – Prior to Genesis Media, Dingemans served as chief operating officer and chief financial officer at AdGenesis and partner at KPMG's Transaction Services division.
Genesis Media is part of the Black Ocean group of companies. Black Ocean is a digital media company that invests in, builds and operates technology businesses around the world.
About Genesis Media
Genesis Media is the full-spectrum online video distribution network and targeting platform that delivers 20 times the engagement of pre-roll advertising and 100 times the engagement of traditional banner ads. As the industry's first cost-per-verified-view broadcast model, Genesis Media enables advertisers to target their desired consumers with opt-in video advertising – matching branded videos to consumers based on consumers' interests and online habits, with built-in activation and full accountability. Genesis Media also offers mass-reach broadcast solutions across a network of premium websites. The Genesis Platform has five million registered users and reaches 150 million viewers per month across thousands of premium publishing partners. Genesis Media creates new revenue streams for publishers and substantially improves awareness and engagement for brands.
About Black Ocean
Black Ocean is a digital media company that invests in, builds and operates technology businesses around the world. Through its strategic holding division, Black Ocean actively manages a complementary network of businesses across video, social, mobile and e-commerce. Through its incubator, it turns smart ideas into successful businesses. Black Ocean is a new kind of company on the front line of innovation, creating value, efficiency, engagement, and revenue for its customers and shareholders. Black Ocean has offices in New York City, London, Luxembourg, Singapore, and Moscow.
SOURCE Genesis Media
- I Can See Clearly Now - E2 Conference Boston
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue