Unedited news and product information from vendors.
When It Comes to Delivering Real-Time Online and Local Store Results ShopSavvy Soars Above the Pack with Product Cloud 2.0
New Big Data solution empowers ShopSavvy to provide its millions of monthly active users with more local store choices, improved product information and better prices than any other shopping platform.
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ShopSavvy, the world's largest mobile shopping platform, today announced the release of Product Cloud 2.0, the latest iteration of ShopSavvy's proprietary big-data platform that enables the community's millions of active users to easily find real-time pricing, inventory, reviews and other information for more than 20 million products. Field testing of top price-comparison apps shows that ShopSavvy consistently displays more local store results as well as online price results and lower prices for a greater variety of products than Amazon Mobile, eBay's RedLaser and other major platforms.
Based on a study of 600 random product searches across popular product categories such as consumer electronics, video games, books, movies, home and family, and office products, ShopSavvy outpaced other apps in the number of results displayed. As an example, with Product Cloud 2.0 ShopSavvy displayed on average 30 percent more local, in-store offers than RedLaser, as well as almost twice as many online price results. This new back-end update continues ShopSavvy's commitment to local commerce and ShopSavvy customers will start to see improvement in results and content immediately.
"Innovations like Product Cloud 2.0 bring much more robust connections to ShopSavvy Marketplace, which allows our retailers to enter and manage their inventory, price and store information directly into our mobile marketplace of retailers," said John Boyd, co-founder of ShopSavvy. "We've been adding around 150 new retailer accounts each month and Product Cloud 2.0 advances our local store results in particular when our customers want convenience and immediacy of buying locally."
ShopSavvy has the best price on new products 67 percent of the time while Amazon has the best prices only 5 percent of the time. The average competitor has the best result only 17 percent of the time. For used products, ShopSavvy has the best price 96 percent of the time, while eBay's RedLaser only has the best prices 12 percent of the time. The average shopping platform has the best prices 9.5 percent of the time.
"Our brand promise to ShopSavvy customers is to provide a neutral and unbiased shopping experience. We are not trying to steer customers to any particular retailer or skew the playing field for one retailer versus another. We are committed to building a healthier and more vibrant marketplace for our customers and leveraging big data technology to help users shop smarter," Boyd said.
Earlier this year, ShopSavvy launched ShopSavvy Marketplace, which empowers retailers of all sizes to list their products for free within Product Cloud; retailers can access the portal at http://retailers.shopsavvy.com. More than 150 new retailers per month add their inventory and price information to ShopSavvy's shopping platform.
ShopSavvy is the leading mobile shopping community, with more than 40 million downloads and millions of monthly active users. ShopSavvy empowers smartphone users to quickly and seamlessly locate, research and buy products at the point of sale. When users scan a barcode or input a product name, they discover where the item is sold locally and online, where it's in stock and at what price. ShopSavvy aggregates product data, deals, ratings and reviews from retailers, partners and its own users to provide the most comprehensive source of information and advice for mobile shoppers anywhere. For advertisers, ShopSavvy delivers hyper-relevant deals, promotions, warranty offers and other UPC/GPS-targeted content to consumers. For more information, visit http://shopsavvy.com.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Start Your Big Data Journey
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Accelerate Agility Now: WebSphere Application Server v8.5.5 Overview
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Metzler: The 2013 Application and Service Delivery Handbook
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions
- Don't Get Stuck on Your Virtualization Journey: Where to Focus Next
- How Virtualization is Key to Managing Risk
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook