Here's our take on the Top 11 dumbest things to do at your CIO's SuperBowl party.
11 Dumbest Things to do at your CIO's Super Bowl Party
11) Use your laptop to redirect the satellite TV signal to old reruns of Maude
10) Mention that the CIO's high-tech projector looks like the one the IT department bought during last year's technology refresh
9) Wrap the cocktail wieners with old pieces of DLT tape
8) Show security video of the CIO and his new "assistant" as half-time entertainment
7) After a great play, say, "If only our software worked that well!"
6) Change the channel, then tell the CIO he'll have to get management approval to change it back
5) Rip out your new blade server rig and install it in the CIO's kitchen to heat the nacho cheese dip
4) Suggest that everybody try converting players' jersey numbers to hex, binary and octal code
3) Yell out, "Hey, the data center called and asked how to turn off the fire sprinklers!"
2) Shave the NFL logo into the hair of the CIO's pet poodle
1) Invite your local Hell's Angels chapter along for the free food
Special thanks to our color commentators--Stephen Cole, Cheryl Fritsch, Steve Harvey, Eric Huemoeller, Gregory Mamayek, David Mohrman, R.L. Noble and Douglas Rockney--for their suggestions from the back of the playbook. You folks really know how to get sacked.
5 Top Federal Initiatives For 2015As InformationWeek Government readers were busy firming up their fiscal year 2015 budgets, we asked them to rate more than 30 IT initiatives in terms of importance and current leadership focus. No surprise, among more than 30 options, security is No. 1. After that, things get less predictable.
Join us for a roundup of the top stories on InformationWeek.com for the week of December 14, 2014. Be here for the show and for the incredible Friday Afternoon Conversation that runs beside the program.