security: Security administration/management
Two-factor authentication is a good step. But for securing many sites, Twitter included, it's not enough.
FTC should crack down on wireless carriers and smartphone manufacturers that put their customers at risk by failing to update Android devices.
Cybersecurity bill's backers portray threat intelligence sharing as a panacea, but yet again ignore the potential privacy and security downsides.
What should your company take away from this week's attacks? Lock down unsecured DNS repeaters being exploited by attackers and prep DDoS response...
Three-year old "TeamSpy" espionage campaign should be a wake-up call. Lock down your remote-access tools, or else.
From customer relationships to cloud, and why mobile isn't one of them.
Evernote used the wrong security method to store passwords, cryptography experts say. Unfortunately, it's a common error.
Passwords keep proliferating, but do new technologies and approaches offer an alternative? Maybe.
Today's security software wastes valuable time by delivering data dumps, rather than focusing on trends. But you can create your own visualizations.
Focus on the sorry state of your information security defenses before worrying about the Chinese, Russians, hacktivists or cybercrime gangs.
Security Newsletter Sign Up
Get timely, actionable insights tailored to the topics you are interested in.Sign Up
May 20, 2013
Color-coded password-strength meters nudge users to improve the strength of their important passwords, but have little effect on unimportant ones,...
May 17, 2013
Syrian hackers claim to battle American imperialism, media bias and Angelina Jolie.
May 16, 2013
Group's 50-day hacking spree compromised websites run by Sony, CIA, Arizona State Police, Westboro Baptist Church and more.
May 16, 2013
DHS proposal would give private businesses access to the government's stockpile of zero-day secrets for a fee. But some say the program may...
May 15, 2013
VMware's BYOD ambitions kick into gear through its partnership with Verizon. But is the virtualization heavyweight making its mobile management...
May 14, 2013
Apple's waiting list to bypass security controls on latest-generation iPhone and iPad devices means months-long delays for law enforcement...
May 13, 2013
Readers detail "frozen DNS Trojan" cold calls and "repairs" that lead to $882 in unauthorized wire transfers.
May 10, 2013
Company founder denies that Huawei employees would ever be forced to spy for China.
May 10, 2013
U.K. government provides grants to University of Oxford and Royal Holloway, University of London to fund doctoral programs in cyber security.
May 10, 2013
State officials don't know when attackers accessed up to 160,000 Social Security and 1 million driver's license numbers stored in unencrypted format.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue