smb: 50 - 249 Employees
Company.com uses Facebook, Twitter to help SMBs save, make, and find money.
To be the best, it helps to learn from the best. That's why so many SMBs turn to mentors for assistance.
Don't move to the cloud just because everyone else is doing it. Explore whether it's right for you by asking yourself some questions first and...
Part data repository, part social media platform, software such as ThoughtFarmer turns businesses into thriving communities.
Ignore the vendors, they all claim their system is the best. Analyze your needs and ensure that you have the flexibility to grow and change as...
With compromised productivity a constant threat to business success, the question for SMBs isn't how can we afford a help desk, but how can we...
What separates the good from the great? Guardian research unveils keys to success for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Without clearly defined goals for social media activities, small and midsize businesses risk chasing an elusive return on their investment in the...
When it comes to written communication with customers, letting your personality shine through and soliciting feedback are among the important...
As Google, Microsoft's Bing, and Facebook place heavier emphasis on SMBs, advertisers stand to benefit with free and value-added services designed...
Newsletter Sign up
Join us every Tuesday and Thursday for the news, views, insights, and advice you need to keep your business growing from our crack team of contributors in the InformationWeek SMB Report.
-- Paul Travis, Managing Editor, InformationWeek SMB
April 30, 2013
Mobile use skyrockets in small and midsized businesses, says SMB Group annual survey. But what about measuring results?
February 05, 2013
A car dealer discusses what social media optimization means in the automotive business -- and whether it helps move vehicles off the lot.
February 05, 2013
Application performance monitoring startup gets new infusion of cash to move into mobile, European markets.
February 05, 2013
Non-practicing entities, also known as patent trolls, find midsize companies make ideal targets for infringement claims. Online retailer...
January 10, 2013
Like other small and midsize businesses, boutique law firm Thomas Horstemeyer capitalizes on its agility to stay ahead of rapidly growing data...
August 09, 2012
Social use does not equal social strategy. Here are the top reasons SMBs have no real idea what they're doing on social sites.
June 12, 2012
Venture funding can supercharge the growth of small tech firms and other startups. Here's how to avoid killing your chances with potential investors.
June 01, 2012
FireHost CEO Chris Drake says years of jumping out of a plane prepared him to be a technology leader.
May 17, 2012
David Hemendinger is both COO and CIO of the midmarket firm Summer Infant--and likes it. Here's why he thinks a hybrid COO/CIO/CTO role will...
April 23, 2012
There's a gap between small and midsize businesses when it comes capitalizing on mobile--but forward-thinking firms can still reap advantages.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Smarter Commerce: The Midmarket Solution for a Customer-Centric World
- IT Consumerization in SMBs: How to Manage User Demands
- SMB Hardware Refresh Without the Heavy Lifting
- Effective IT Inventory and Asset Management: From Quagmire to Quick Fix
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- Become a social business in the cloud: IBM SmartCloud for Social Business collaboration services
- The top 10 secrets to using data mining to succeed at CRM Discover proven strategies and best practices
- Endpoint Protection Performance Benchmarks
- Windows 7: Tips and Best Practices for Simplified Migration
- Fulfilling the Lean Software Promise: Building and Running Spring Applications on VMware vFabric tc Server