Samsung Unveils 6 SMB Mono Lasers
Three are MFPs, three are printers, and four can use a high-capacity toner cartridge that brings the ink price down to 2 cents per page.
Three are MFPs, three are printers, and four can use a high-capacity toner cartridge that brings the ink price down to 2 cents per page.All are duplex monochrome 1200 x 1200 dpi laser printers with network I/O, although you would not know this for the press release.
The three multifunction machines are the 33 ppm SCX-4835FR for $449, the 37 ppm SCX-5639FR for $549, and the wireless, 37 ppm SCX-5739FW for $699. (The latter comes out in March.) All three have duplex scanning, as well as Secure Pull Printing where you optionally have to input a code before the machine will print. The latter two also have embedded bar code fonts for use in shipping offices.
More SMB Insights
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Smarter Commerce: The Midmarket Solution for a Customer-Centric World
- Become a social business in the cloud: IBM SmartCloud for Social Business collaboration services
- The top 10 secrets to using data mining to succeed at CRM Discover proven strategies and best practices
- Best Practices: 6 Security Services Every Small Business Must Have
- Research: 2012 SMB IT Salary Survey
The three printers are the 33 ppm ML-3312ND for $199, the 37 ppm ML-3712ND for $249, and the 37 ppm ML-3712DW for $299. The latter will be out in March, and the latter two have Samsung's proprietary anti-jam roller technology.
The printing speeds were reportedly derived using the ISO standard.
As for cost of ownership, all six can use a $69.99 toner cartridge rated at 2,000 pages, for 3.5 cents per page; or a $129.99 cartridge rated at 5,000 pages, for 2.6 cents per page. Additionally, all but the two smaller ones (the ML-3312ND and the SCX-4835FR) can use a $199.99 cartridge rated at 10,000 pages, for 2 cents per page.
As usual, the ticket to getting off the high-cost refill ink treadmill is a higher purchase price. But not having to worry about the cartridge until you've gone through 20 reams of paper is also attractive.