Tsunami To Crimp Toner Supplies?
In the short term, yes, but in the long term things will probably sort themselves out, predicts economist's blog.
In the short term, yes, but in the long term things will probably sort themselves out, predicts economist's blog.Amidst all the other bad news out of Japan after the recent earthquake and tsunami, now it appears that toner may get scarce, at least for a while. A Forbes blog notes that Barclays Capital is predicting that Canon and Fujitsu Xerox may soon face shortages of toner material due to the disaster. Meanwhile, Canon makes the HP laser printer engines, and Xerox's engines come from Fujitsu Xerox.
Since they need toner to ship new engines, production of printers may have to ramp down in the next quarter, regardless of where the other components come from, or are assembled, the blog warned.
More SMB Insights
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Smarter Commerce: The Midmarket Solution for a Customer-Centric World
- Become a social business in the cloud: IBM SmartCloud for Social Business collaboration services
- The top 10 secrets to using data mining to succeed at CRM Discover proven strategies and best practices
- Best Practices: 6 Security Services Every Small Business Must Have
- Research: 2012 SMB IT Salary Survey
Beyond that time frame, though, things should sort themselves out, as other sources are found, the blog indicated. And, there's inventory in the channel that could take up the slack.
Would that this was the worst news to come out of the disaster.