Akami Optimization Boosts AppRiver Mobile Email Performance
Test results indicate up to 50% boost in mobile email performance from Akamai-optimization of AppRiver Secure Hosted Exchange solution.
Test results indicate up to 50% boost in mobile email performance from Akamai-optimization of AppRiver Secure Hosted Exchange solution.Independent mobile performance monitoring testing conducted by Compuware's Gomez indicate significant performance gains in the hosted Exchange offering from AppRiver due to optimization from the firm's relationship with Akami. The findings of the performance testing for the Akamai-enabled AppRiver Secure Hosted Exchange solution include:
- 50% increase in mobile e-mail performance
- 50% reduction in Exchange connect and sync time
- Consistent email delivery over a variety of wireless networks, regardless of location
More SMB Insights
- Supporting your BYOD Program with Mobile Enterprise Services
- SMB Server Guide: Meeting Email, Virtualization, and Business Application Challenges
- Become a social business in the cloud: IBM SmartCloud for Social Business collaboration services
- Cricket Communications Turns to Splunk
- Managing Mobile Security in Small And Midsize Businesses
- Best Practices: 5 Security Tools Every Small Business Must Have
The third finding is particularly notable according to AppRiver COO Scott Cutler. He says, "Exchange runs well over a LAN, but if you move to hosted exchange and replace it with the Internet that's the polar opposite of the LAN environment. You can build fabulous infrastructure in the data center, but if you deliver your application over the Internet, everything breaks down. The Internet is the weak link in application delivery. You could be anywhere this and this technology [the Akamai-enabled AppRiver Secure Hosted Exchange solution] provides performance improvement whether it's mobile or connecting from a hotel room in Dubai. It creates connectivity where it wouldn't happen otherwise."
Commenting on what the combination of the two companies offers, Peter Christy, principal analyst, Internet Research Group, says, "AppRiver's relationship with Akamai is an excellent example of how network optimization can create a differentiated and improved IT service -- in this case hosted Exchange. By optimizing the connection from email user to server, Akamai enables AppRiver to deliver consistently fast, reliable service to customers. These optimizations are completely transparent to the hosted e-mail user and significantly improve the user's experience, especially on longer connection paths."
Don't Miss: AppRiver Digital Disaster Recovery program
Follow Benjamin Tomkins on Twitter @http://twitter.com/benjamintomkins Follow InformationWeek SMB on Twitter @http://twitter.com/infoweeksmb Get InformationWeek SMB on your mobile device @http://mobile.bmighty.com