What's in store for small and midsize business technology in the New Year?
FTC's antitrust case against Google appears to be winding down without Google being slapped with any penalties or restrictions. Be glad.
Want to trim corporate email inboxes? Consider these unorthodox ideas.
It's smartphone upgrade time, and my Android is falling apart right on cue. Here are some mistakes I'm hoping to avoid when choosing my next device.
Small and midsize business IT budgets continue to grow but hiring remains stagnant. Here's why IT folk should embrace the trend.
Is search engine optimization a holy grail or fool's gold? These small businesses say it's the latter, and explain why they no longer bother with it.
Strong organic search rankings, especially on Google, are the lifeblood of many online SMBs. An expert discusses current best practices for...
New cloud-aware disaster recovery automation software like that from VirtualSharp could free IT from complex runbooks and expensive recoverability...
The calculation as to whether infrastructure services make sense involves more than just sunk data center costs.
Google's new online storage service represents the natural evolution of Google Docs, and another transformation for the world of collaborative...
Newsletter Sign up
Join us every Tuesday and Thursday for the news, views, insights, and advice you need to keep your business growing from our crack team of contributors in the InformationWeek SMB Report.
-- Paul Travis, Managing Editor, InformationWeek SMB
May 14, 2013
Big data, mobile management and security smarts matter. See what other IT specialties will help you get ahead now.
April 25, 2013
Powered Now offers tablet-based administration solutions to U.K.'s small service businesses.
April 23, 2013
Startup promises to reduce the pain for IT providers that help SMBs move from on-premises Exchange environments to Office 365.
April 11, 2013
Twitter blocks a startup's scheme to offer 'buy' buttons in tweets.
April 08, 2013
One year from the end of Windows XP support, Microsoft offers SMBs 15% off if they upgrade to current versions of Windows and Office simultaneously.
April 03, 2013
Google Reader's shutdown reminds us that free technology tools can come with high costs.
March 13, 2013
Pharmacy benefits manager AWPRx succeeds with a small team in the complicated world of workers' compensation insurance. CEO Jay Roy explains how...
March 06, 2013
IT firm Eduserv finds public and nonprofit organizations ready to roll out SaaS, but reluctant to deploy other cloud services.
March 01, 2013
Coalition government aims to save money and spread its wealth by awarding 25% of its contract funds to small and midsize businesses by 2015.
February 15, 2013
The COO of FedArb says if he can't explain a new technology or app to his users in 30 seconds, it fails. His users are retired federal judges.
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- A smarter approach to CRM: An IBM perspective
- Become a social business in the cloud: IBM SmartCloud for Social Business collaboration services
- The top 10 secrets to using data mining to succeed at CRM Discover proven strategies and best practices
- More than "Just CRM" : 4 Keys to Optimizing Long-Term Loyalty and Revenue
- Cricket Communications Turns to Splunk