Forrester examines IaaS and PaaS options for developers, as the line blurs between these two types of public clouds.
Google's latest experiment, Project Loon, uses high-altitude balloons to bring Internet access to undeveloped areas.
Microsoft links its Kudo game developers' site to U.K. IT educational initiative Make Things Do Stuff; meanwhile Virgin Media, others help create...
In Britain, terminating a multi-billion NHS project in 2011 hasn't stopped more money from being poured into the ill-fated program, say critics.
Google pledges millions to charities and software developers to help it eliminate online material that endangers children.
While it doesn't hold the No. 1 spot, the U.S. still dominates the latest Top500 list of the world's fastest supercomputers.
Newly published information details the total number of government surveillance requests received; Google abstains, citing "a step back for users."
Strong early sales of the keyboard-packing Q10 give BlackBerry's resurrection a chance.
Next version of Google's smartphone and tablet OS debuts this fall, along with new Nexus-branded smartphones.
NSA's Prism program has sparked debate about protections versus privacy. Network Computing readers weigh in.
More than a third of executives rank big data analytics as a top marketing skill, but many marketers lack the requisite knowledge.
CenturyLink's cloud company, Savvis, broadens cloned app capabilities by acquiring automation platform AppFog.
Web-based program forecasted a positive return on investment in remote monitoring for all five California healthcare groups who tested it.
By switching to a cloud voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service, ISU will save $600,000 annually on its campus phone network.
Despite its dominance in the mobile market, Google soon could face serious competition from Facebook.
Apple's new iOS 7smartphone and tablet operating system will push market competition to a new level, which is good news for users.
Working with industry and academia, the plan sets out objectives designed to nurture small enterprises and prepare students for IT careers.
Thumb drives helped NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden transport top-secret data from the agency. If the NSA can't keep a lid on thumb drives, can you?
Massive open online courses have the potential to change higher education, but people and schools implementing MOOCs face some emerging legal...
A group of Taiwanese researchers peer into the operations center of a group behind one large espionage campaign.
Unlike other sites with "virtual campus tours" that piece together bits of video and resource links, YouVisit offers virtual walking tours with...
With flaw tallies varying by up to 75%, vulnerability data needs to be taken with a grain of salt, Black Hat presenters say.
Windows 8.1 does a lot more than bring back the Start button. These 10 features may give it a much-needed popularity boost with enterprise users.
Vine makes creating video easy, but using the social video app effectively is not as easy as you think.
Red Hat combines its Enterprise Linux with OpenStack to push its own private cloud stack alternative to VMware, Microsoft platforms.
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
- Strengthen Organizational Agility with the Latest Advances in Case Management
- Real Time Analytics: A Case Study Webinar
- Small Business Cloud Solutions
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Intelligent Management of WAS Applications: Reduce Cost, Complexity, and Errors
This Week's Issue
- Improving SQL Availability and Performance: 6 Key Questions to Consider Before You Scale Up
- Policy Control & SDN: A Perfect Match? - by Heavy Reading
- Storage Infrastructure as a Service The Best of Cloud and On-premises Storage
- Altair Speeds Complex Simulation and Workload Management with the Intel' Xeon Phi Coprocessor
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs