Passbook PromiseOne of the few surprises about the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 was Passbook. And if there is any feature that is still a bit of an unknown, it is Passbook. According to Apple, Passbook will let users store things like boarding passes, movie tickets, retail coupons, loyalty cards, and so on, in one place. Passes can be added via the App Store, and through email and websites, and participating businesses can then scan the location-aware passes on iDevices.
Businesses will have to take some time to get their heads around Passbook, and any privacy issues that might arise from its use. But it's not difficult to imagine Passbook being effectively combined with social media updates, as well as contests and other incentives promoted from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other services.
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston