Cisco Buys Jabber!
Big news out of San Jose this morning as Cisco has announced an agreement to acquire Jabber, with the sale expected to close in the first half of 2009.
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Deepen Customer Satisfaction and Brand Affinity with Impactful Web Content and Microsites
- The Oracle Insurance Survey: Overcoming IT Hurdles to Success
- Core Systems Modernization: Harnessing the Power of Rules-Based Policy Administration
- Strategy: Heading Off Advanced Social Engineering Attacks
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
By acquiring Jabber Cisco beefs up their presence/IM capabilities with an enterprise-grade platform based on open standards and an extensible architecture. Acquiring Jabber gives Cisco (and it's partners) a huge new capability to build applications and extensions around its UC offerings. In addition, Cisco gains a presence into Jabber's existing customer base (with an extensive presence in financial services and government markets).