Following The Skype Model?Will the acquisition of Yammer follow that of Skype, which has been allowed a degree of autonomy after its acquisition? Will it keep a separate identity and continue to pursue the mission that attracted its current customer base?
During the press conference, Ballmer said, "Sure." However, although it will be allowed to keep its operations in San Francisco, Yammer will report up through the Microsoft Office Division. In contrast, whereas Microsoft established a separate division headed by Skype CEO Tony Bates (shown above with Ballmer).
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Core Systems Modernization: Harnessing the Power of Rules-Based Policy Administration
- The Oracle Insurance Survey: Overcoming IT Hurdles to Success
- The Case for Outbound Content Management
- Demystifying Unified Communications
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs