RoambiWhat makes a tablet a tool? The apps, of course. Apple's iPad is clearly finding its way into the enterprise, whether on a corporate purchase order or as a personal device brought into the office. No matter its origin, the range of productive--and hopefully profitable--uses for Apple's market-leading tablet seem to expand by the day, thanks largely to a similarly growing menu of business-ready applications. That's perhaps most evident in the collaboration world: now more than ever, business users are able to connect and achieve their goals anywhere, anytime.
Roambi's mobile analytics app for iPad enables users to take their interactive data dashboards and visualizations with them wherever they go. (There's an iPhone version, too.) The iPad's screen size and touch functionality make the tablet particularly suitable for viewing, modifying, and sharing reports, allowing teams to make informed, data-driven decisions on the fly, without having to be in the same place. Likewise, the combination of highly visual report displays and the iPad's slick form factor makes for eye-catching presentations during sales calls and other meetings. Roambi for iPad is free; Roambi ES3, the vendor's server-based enterprise platform (which works with existing business intelligence suites), is not.
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Core Systems Modernization: Harnessing the Power of Rules-Based Policy Administration
- The Oracle Insurance Survey: Overcoming IT Hurdles to Success
- The Case for Outbound Content Management
- Policy Control & SDN: A Perfect Match? - by Heavy Reading
- Comparison of Cisco and ShoreTel Unified Communication Solutions